To listen click here
Manila, July 31 The death toll from flooding and landslides triggered by typhoon Doksuri in the Philippines has climbed to 25, with at least 20 people still missing, the national disaster agency said on Monday.
Many parts of the country remain inundatets as heavy rain continues even after Doksuri blew away from the Philippines last week, reports Xinhua news agency.
Khanun, the sixth cyclone to batter the Philippines this year, continued to intensify on Monday, enhancing the southwest monsoon rains across the country, including Metro Manila.
In a report on Monday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Doksuri left with 20 deaths in the northern Philippines, three in a region near Metro Manila, and two in the central Philippines.
The agency added that 20 more people are missing in the northern Philippines.
Doksuri affected nearly 2.4 million people in the Southeast Asian country, with over 50,000 displaced people still in temporary shelters.
The typhoon also damaged houses, crops, roads, and bridges.
The Philippines is one of the most disaster-prone countries globally, mainly due to its location in the Pacific Ring of Fire and the Pacific typhoon belt.
On average, the archipelagic country experiences 20 typhoons yearly, some intense and destructive.