Any business’ success to some extent depends on its online presence, which is done through a good website. To launch a website, you need to register a domain name, which is important to distinguish your website. With domain name registration, you can have your website online, but to have the website active for a long time, you need to seek a domain renewal before it expires. What happens if you fail to renew your domain on time? Let us see.
Know the consequences if you fail to renew your domain on time
By not renewing your domain, you will lose your domain. Here’s what it happens:
- Someone may claim your website
You will get a grace period of 30 days if you miss to renew your domain on time once it expires. The registrar will update you the time of renewal through emails and messages. If you do not renew your domain even after the grace period, your website will be moved to the redemption period.
Nevertheless, you can still renew your domain, but the renewal charges will be very high. The redemption period is 5 days, and after that your domain name will be available to public and anyone can purchase it and claim the domain name.
- You may tend to lose your identity
When your domain expires, you will lose the credibility of your business, for it takes 24 to 48 hours to renew an expired domain. If you lose your domain name and identity just for 6 hours, you experience a 30 percent downfall in the SEO ranking and visibility. Therefore, imagine what will be the consequences if your website sees an outage of 24 to 48 hours. You may have to start it all over again.
- Your website may become parking pages
Parking pages are expired domains, which are used by others to earn extra money. This will affect your website’s SEO ranking. In addition, it will also lose its credibility and trustworthiness.
- All accounts will be redirected
If someone takes up your website after the redemption period, all your followers, media account links, traffic, etc., will be redirected to the new account. Moreover, you will not get any business emails that come through your domain name as all communications will be suspended.
What are the ways to renew your domain name?
You can renew your website name on time through several ways such as:
- Email – The registrar will update your domain renewal time through SMS and email. You can click on the link provided in the renewal reminder email and follow the renewal process.
- Account Manager – You can manually log into your Account Manager and renew your domain.
- Express – For a quick renewal, you can enter your domain in the renewal box.
- Auto renewal option – Just click on the auto renewal option in the account manager to renew your website automatically on time.
When you renew your website on time you can enjoy several benefits such as a domain name, authority, better SEO rankings, 99 percentage uptime, security and protection from malicious activities, integrity, and identity. Furthermore, you will have all rights on your website. If you renew your domain name on time, it will cost very less.