Several major tournaments are held throughout the year, with all professional-level competitions held only in Japan. The bettors’ choice is almost always limited, however, promising bets can be found in the available offers.
When analyzing an event, all factors influencing the potential success of a wrestler are taken into account. If you place bets on sumo during the tournament, it is easier to carry out analytics – since the bettor has the ability to objectively assess the athlete’s shape. In long-term betting, the likelihood of losing increases.
Choosing a strategy
Correctly chosen tactics increase the probability of the bet passing. Beginners often underestimate the risks and bet on favorites to win from the early stages of tournaments. Experienced bettors join the game after the equator of the competition, when the circle of the main contenders for victory has already been outlined, and the odds for the favorites rise to the desired values.
In order to make fewer mistakes and stay in the black on the distance, you need to analyze the fights in advance – even if you plan to place bets in Live.
What can you lose
Losing bets in sumo are not uncommon, despite the apparent simplicity of betting in this sport. Here are the main reasons for unsuccessful bets:
- Active betting in the early stages of tournaments. Winnings with scanty odds for the favorites’ victories can subsequently be “zeroed” by one unsuccessful forecast;
- The emphasis is on the ranking, not the current condition of the wrestler. The tournament is won by the most trained athletes, and not always by the best Yokozunas;
- Long-term bet on the winner of the tournament, which the bookmakers consider the favorite. This mistake partially overlaps with the previous one and is associated with underestimating the chances of other strong fighters;
- Exceeding the conditional bankroll limit in case of an unsuccessful “Catch-up”. Such punctures are typical for beginners who do not pay enough attention to pre-match analytics.
Popular sumo betting strategies
There are several common strategies for betting in sumo:
- Regular “Flat”, in which the bet amount is selected based on the offered odds;
- “Catch-up” with an increase in the amount of each subsequent bet in order to cover the loss of the previous bet;
- The Grind method, in which the bettor uses a fixed bankroll for the entire tournament, increasing the size of the bet after wins and decreasing after losing bets.
Choose a reliable bookmaker to play, for example Mostbet qeydiyyat.
How to analyze the game. Expert advice
- To be successful in sumo wagering, experts recommend delving deeper into the analytics. Both an individual bout and an entire tournament need to be analyzed comprehensively – paying attention to the following factors:
- The physical form of the wrestler (during the recovery period after an injury, sumo wrestlers perform unstably, while after disqualifications the wrestlers are extremely motivated and are in optimal condition);
- Current and previous statistics (a fighter’s chances can be assessed not only based on his performance at the current tournament, but also by comparing these indicators with performances at previous competitions);
- History of fights with the main competitors (each wrestler has a balance of victories / defeats with each opponent, which must be taken into account in long-term and live forecasting).
There are not so many top sumo wrestlers claiming leadership. It will not be difficult for an experienced bettor to study the statistical part and look at the tournaments reviews of recent years – in order to make successful bets in this exotic sport.