This is a very frequently asked question by the users around the internet, what does a UX Designer do and why does your Startup need one? Here in this article, we will explain everything related to the same, hence continuing reading this till the very end.
Before starting with the UX Designer’s work and why your Startup needs one, you need to know what a UX Designer is? So, talking about the UX Designer it focuses on the interaction between everyday products and services (including apps and websites) and humans (as users). So, this is a wide range of discipline that involves aspects of market research, psychology, technology, and business. So, if we talk a little about its history, UX is nothing new. Donald Norman has coined this term while he was working for Apple as a cognitive scientist. Thus, this term was more related to the “Human Experience.” Though this term was initially introduced in the field of Science, UX Design grew slowly and became synonymous with “Good Business.” Hence, the services and the products that provide the users with a great experience will be the only successful ones in the market (like a user-friendly interface of an application). So with this, the demand for UX Designers has increased exponentially in the market. With the evolution of the technology market, UX Designers have become more crucial than ever before. And this increased demand for the UX Designers can be reflected in the Employment Market for the UX Designers as well as in the Average UX Designer Salaries.
What does a UX Designer Do?
After understanding the meaning of a UX Designer, we can now relate to its practical usage, and it all comes down to the “User Experience.” In general also if we talk about UX (keeping aside the website), any product or any service that you encounter will produce a certain type of user experience. And then there a few questions that come up-
1. How was the experience?
2. Was the product or service easy to use?
3. Was it able to complete your required tasks with minimum efforts?
4. How was its efficacy, and was it logical?
All in all, what is required is a good user experience at the end of the use.
Why does your Startup need a UX Designer?
Many users think that a Startup does not require a UX Designer initially, rather at a later stage. But here they go wrong! The Startup owner needs to understand that a UX Designer is required as a necessity for the smooth running and sailing of their website and not for its luxurious running; thus, its use is well needed at the beginning itself.
So here are a few important aspects as to what a UX Designer does and why does your Startup need one-
1. A UX will add to the credibility of any product.
2. It allows proper coordination between the elements in order to churn out the best possible interactions for the users.
3. UX regulates the user’s best experience from a product or a service so that the user will spread the word or recommend it to their acquaintances.
4. Due to the increased usage and dependency on mobile devices and applications like smartwatches and exercise trackers, consumers are expecting even more from such websites to seek more comfort in their usage to enjoy their experience.
5. The UX Designers have a wide scope and range of work, and they create the best wireframes and layout prototypes. Even they can identify the layout changes during the process of development.
Thus, all this work of the UX Designers made them all the more responsible for the submission of each and every positive aspect and promised component (along with lovely user experience) of the product at the user’s end, which clearly states as to “What does a UX Designer do and why does your Startup need one?”
I hope this article was meaningful to you!