To listen click here
The World Athletics Championships 2023 will be held in Budapest, Hungary. The 19th edition of the World Athletics Championships, also known as Budapest 23, began on August 19 and will conclude on August 27.
The Indian athletics team for the World Athletics Championships consists of 23 men and four women. The group includes Tokyo Olympics winner Neeraj Chopra, as well as national record holders Avinash Sable, Jyothi Yarraji, Jeswin Aldrin, and Praveen Chithravel.
Other noteworthy members of the Indian team include Murali Sreeshankar, Eldhose Paul, Shaili Singh, DP Manu, Annu Rani, and Abdulla Aboobacker.
At the 2023 World Athletics Championships in Budapest, Indian athletes will compete for medals in 15 events, 11 for men and four for women.
Indian Participated Team
- Krishan Kumar (800m)
- Ajay Kumar Saroj (1500)
- Santosh Kumar T (400mH)
- Avinash Sable (3000m SC)
- Sarvesh Anil Kushare (high jump)
- Jeswin Aldrin (long jump)
- Murali Sreeshankar (long jump)
- Praveen Chithravel (triple jump)
- Abdulla Aboobacker (triple jump)
- Eldhose Paul (triple jump)
- Neeraj Chopra (javelin throw)
- DP Manu (javelin throw)
- Kishore Jena (javelin throw)
- Akashdeep Singh (20km race walk)
- Vikash Singh (20km race walk)
- Paramjeet Singh Bisht (20km race walk)
- Ram Baboo (35km race walk)
- Amoj Jacob (4x400m relay)
- Muhammed Ajmal (4x400m relay)
- Muhammed Anas (4x400m relay)
- Rajesh Ramesh (4x400m relay)
- Arul Rajalingam (4x400m relay)
- Mijo Chacko Kurian (4x400m relay)
- Jyothi Yarraji (100mH)
- Parul Chaudhary (3000m SC)
- Shaili Singh (long jump)
- Annu Rani (javelin throw)
Prior to Budapest23, Indian athletes had only won two medals at the world championships: a bronze medal in the women’s long jump by Anju Bobby George in Paris 2023 and a silver medal in the men’s javelin throw by Neeraj Chopra in Oregon 2022. India has yet to earn a gold medal in the World Championships.
Full List of Medals for Each Participated Country
|3||Great Britain and NI||2||1||1||4|
|20||British Virgin Islands||0||1||0||1|