To listen click here
The thirteenth edition of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 is all set to commence from October 5 to November 19. Unlike the 2011 World Cup, where India hosted the event along with Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, India will solely host this marquee event this time. Ten nations face each other to claim pride and glory on cricket’s biggest stage. Brace yourselves to watch ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 live on YuppTV and catch all the excitement.
A battle between last year’s finalists England and New Zealand kick starts the mega event in Ahmedabad on October 5. The host India will start their campaign with a clash against Australia on October 8 in Chennai. Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, and Sri Lanka will play against each other and compete for the world championship. After failing to progress in the qualifiers, West Indies missed the event for the first time in its history.
This quadrennial tournament group stage pursues a round-robin format followed by knockouts like quarterfinals, semi-finals, and a final match.
Ahead of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, let us look at the winners from each tournament.
- 1975 – West Indies won the inaugural Cricket World Cup after defeating Australia in the final and became the first-ever champions. West Indies cricket was in its prime phase and seemed unstoppable in world cricket.
- 1979 – West Indies defended the trophy and became the first team to win back-to-back titles. West Indies defeated England in the final match.
- 1983 – This is the beginning of the golden era of Indian cricket. India under Kapil Dev’s leadership outperformed the West Indies in an iconic final at Lord’s Stadium in England. Entered as underdogs, India came out as champions when West Indies dominated the cricket world.
- 1987 – Australia’s domination in world cricket began in this World Cup when the Aussies defeated England in the final in India.
- 1992 – Led by Imran Khan, Pakistan became champions in 1992 after beating England in the final in Australia. Despite three final appearances, England failed to lift the trophy.
- 1996 – Considered underdogs, Sri Lanka surprised everyone and won its maiden World Cup by conquering Australia in the final played in Pakistan.
- 1999 – Australia continued its domination in cricket and went on to clinch its second World Cup by defeating Pakistan in the final. England hosted this edition of the marquee event.
- 2003 – Hosted by South Africa, Australia won its third World Cup after beating India in the final.
- 2007 – Australia continued its winning streak and grabbed its fourth title defeating Sri Lanka in the final held in the West Indies. Australia became the first team to win three consecutive trophies.
- 2011 – The Indian side led by Dhoni won their second World Cup by defeating Sri Lanka in the final held in India.
- 2015 – It is title number 5 for Australia. Michael Clarke led his side to a record fifth time by defeating New Zealand in the final.
- 2019 – It was no less than a riveting thriller. After scores tied, England and New Zealand played a super over where scores were again leveled. However, England won its first World Cup.
Watch ICC Men’s World Cup Cricket live on YuppTV and never miss any updates. After bringing the Asia Cup, YuppTV grabbed the rights to live stream Cricket World Cup 2023 to entertain its users. Subscribe to YuppTV now and cheer for your favorite team.